steakhouse turkey burger


Posted by Picasa
this is my new favorite burger!  this probably won't be the first time you hear me say that, but for now, believe me.  this burger has it all, and it's a "healthier" version.  this came to me by standing in front of my open fridge, trying to figure out dinner for me and my husband.  after a long week of cooking, i am not as enthused on the weekends to cook.  i had some ground turkey, blue cheese and mushrooms.  we love burgers, i mean, really love burgers, so i came up with this steakhouse turkey burger.  i mixed some ground turkey, chopped mushrooms, blue cheese(very little) and chives, threw it on the grill.  topped it with some grilled onions, baby spinach, on a toasted bun.  it was phenomenal.  seriously.  i think the mushrooms in the patty made it incredibly moist,  something that is generally hard to achieve with ground turkey.  if you didn't know you where eating turkey, you would think it was beef - trust me on this dad.