hey, what's for dinner?


Posted by Picasa
that is a question i get asked often.  you would think it would be easy for me to answer.  well, it's not.  when i make meals for my clients, i rarely make the same thing for myself.  i intend to, but it just doesn't work out that way.  sure, i may have some lettuce left over or a crab cake, but generally i make just enough for my clients.  one night i made salmon cakes and this one just didn't turn out - it completely fell apart. i wrapped it up and set it aside.  so, when dinner rolled around and the predictable question surfaced, i was ready.  my husband and i love to stand around and snack for dinner.  if i could eat cheese and crackers (with a glass or two of wine),  i would be incredibly content having that every night.  i didn't have much to offer but i knew i had the remnants of the salmon cake, crackers, some goat cheese and jalapenos.  my aunt sent me two jars of jalapenos from texas (odessa, that is) called 'bread and butter jalapenos' from west texas pepper traders.  don't let the "bread and butter" label fool you.  these things are hot! it made for a wonderful, snacky, satisfying, meal!