a lovely light lunch













i think i have figured it out. finally. hopefully (but probably not), the secret to me losing weight!  and that secret is...(drum roll, please) eating a light lunch.  yes, it's true.  i have breakfast down to a science (an egg white sandwich). i have dinner down for the most part. but it is lunch that can stand in the way of making a good decision or not.  especially if i am not at home.  i will be the first to scarf down a costco hot dog if the mood strikes.  god they are good.  i will knock back a moe's burrito and all the chips they serve me.  and that just isn't working for me anymore.  the problem is this.  i leave in the morning to do all of my grocery shopping. i generally finish up around 11:00 a.m.,  by 10:00 a.m. i am seriously thinking about what is for lunch.  so, coming back home and making lunch for myself on top of the day i have ahead of me, well, i sometimes just don't want to go through all of the trouble.   so, i have recently started to make it easy on myself.  i simply make a salad the day before, store it in the fridge and eat it with some piece of protein the next day for lunch. or i will make a huge batch of some sort of lean soup and eat on it for a few days.  i try so hard to eat very healthy on the weekdays and splurge a little on weekends.   and over the past 3 weeks i have really been focused on dropping a few pounds.  i have had a few reunions, my 20 year high school which was last weekend (had such a blast).  and my unc college soccer alumnae reunion coming up this weekend.  it's important for me to look good.  so the past three weeks or so, i have dedicated myself to eating very light and healthy.  in particular lunch.  this is a salad i made today and it was awesome.  i marinated a piece of salmon (yesterday) in miso, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fresh ginger and garlic.  and served it with a massive salad.  i have lost 8 pounds by implementing this way of eating.  i feel better, i look better, and i sleep better. i think the moral of this very long story is preparation.  if i don't have a game plan, well costco or moe's, your probably getting my business! 
Posted by Picasa