greek salad















aah, a salad. this world cup eating has been somthing else. a bit heavier than i am use to, but so much fun. i looked at the schedule this morning and saw that greece was playing and my first thought was spanakopata. so, i carried on with my morning, made a list of ingredients to purchase for my clients, and then to the computer to find a recipe for spanakopata.  iv'e never made it before, but i love eating it!  after settling on the one i wanted to try, i headed to the shower to start my day. there was a problem, just a slight problem. my jeans where tight. damn. i knew this past week was a bit indulgent.  i have been carrying on more than you all know, more than what i have been posting. there have been cocktails consumed, appetizers nibbled on...and on), a few desserts even. all fantastic. but today i feel a bit, well, uncomfortable (actually pulled out my "big girl jeans").  do you still have a pair in your closet? anyway, i threw together this pretty salad of romaine lettuce, cucumber (the one first picked from my garden!), pepperoncini peppers, tomato, kalamata olives, feta, and i made a traditional red wine vinaigrette. i already feel better now that i have eaten it.
i just hope i remember that tomorrow. usa is playing, and it's friday night, and i love burgers....
Posted by Picasa