brats, beer and the germans



Posted by Picasa
the germans played australia sunday afternoon and kicked butt!  i love watching germany play, they are a power house.  sad that michael ballack isn't playing due to a recent injury - he reminds me of my man.  tall and handsome, i will miss watching him play (and watching his hot body run around the field!)  okay, so bratwurst is far from healthy - just the opposite, actually.  but i got it stuck in my head that bratwurst was going to be on the sunday night dinner menu, and so be it.  i honestly can't remember the last time i had one, damn it was good.  i went to whole foods and was looking in the meat case and only saw things like vidalia onion brats, and cheddar brats, ones that had already been "manipulated", yuck.  i wanted a good ole' fashion brat.  and there they laid, just waiting for me... german pork brats.  i snatched up two, took them home and simmered them in a hefeweizen beer for about 30 minutes, then grilled them for 10 minutes to get a nice brown crust.  in the meantime i sauteed some onions and peppers and warmed the bun.  i am absolutely loving this little "challenge" i have made with myself to eat my way through different countries, while i watch the worlds greatest game.  i hope you will join me.